transcosmos inc. (Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan; President and COO: Masataka Okuda; TSE First Section: 9715; hereafter, transcosmos) has obtained exclusive sales representation rights for SIXPAD, “wearable training gear” from MTG Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture; President: Tsuyoshi Matsushita; hereafter, MTG) in Europe. It will leverage various channels such as e-commerce sites and start sales in 29 countries in Europe from May 2016 through its subsidiary, TRANSCOSMOS (UK) LIMITED.
Manufactured and sold by MTG, SIXPAD is an Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) tool that sends electrical signals directly from the attached pad to the body to exercise the muscles. With world number one football player Cristiano Ronaldo as development partner, the product was launched in Japan, China, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Malaysia in July 2015 and has been a hit item with approximately 450,000 units sold as of the end of February 2016.
transcosmos has been offering one-stop services globally to 40 countries including Japan, the United States, Europe and Asia. As MTG moves to introduce SIXPAD to the European market, its wealth of experience and achievements in e-commerce support, both in Japan and abroad, have been recognized by MTG and has led to its acquisition of exclusive sales representation rights for SIXPAD in Europe. Sales activities in Europe will include promotional initiatives such as television and online advertisements as well as sales channels including the development of an E-commerce site, the use of major e-commerce marketplaces, live TV shopping channels, and volume sellers of sporting equipment as it aims to achieve sales of 100,000 units during 2016.
transcosmos will continue to support sales expansions for its customer companies by leveraging its global network to match their e-commerce business strategies and brand strategies.
Overview of SIXPAD sales in Europe
- SIXPAD Abs Fit / SIXPAD Abs Fit Gel Sheet
- SIXPAD Body Fit / SIXPAD Body Fit Gel Sheet
*Retail prices to be determined
■ Countries Planned for Sales (29 countries in Europe)
- The United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia
■ Sales Channels
- E-commerce sites (compatible with five languages: English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian)
- Major e-commerce marketplaces (such as Amazon, ebay, Cdiscount, PIXmania, and PriceMinister)
- Others also planned including TV infomercials, sales at department stores and sporting goods stores
■ Timing of Sales Release
- Start of pre-orders : Scheduled for May 2016
- Sales launch : Scheduled for June 2016
* transcosmos is a registered trade name or trademark of transcosmos inc. in Japan and other countries.
* Other company names and product or service names mentioned are registered trade names or trademarks of various other companies.
About transcosmos inc.
transcosmos launched operations in 1966. Since then we have combined superior “human resources” with up-to-date “technological” capabilities to enhance the competitive strength of our clients by providing them with superior and valuable services. transcosmos currently offers Cost Reduction Services (Contact Center, HR/Financial/Sales Back Office, Order Management/SCM, System Development/Management etc.) and Sales Expansion Services (Big Data Analysis, Internet Advertising, Website Construction/Management, Smartphone/SNS Utilization, Telemarketing etc.). transcosmos continues to pursue operational excellence by providing these services through our 159 locations in 29 countries with a focus in Asia. Furthermore, following the expansion of E-Commerce market on the global scale, transcosmos provides a comprehensive, one-stop global E-Commerce service to deliver our clients’ excellent products and services to consumers in 40 countries. transcosmos aims to be the “Global BPO Partner” of our clients to provide them with high quality BPO services on a global scale.